2017 Leatt GPX 5.5 Neckbrace
The Leatt GPX 5.5 Neck Brace is a premier safety offering from Leatt, a company known for protecting riders. With riders of every level holding safety in high regard, Leatt designs their 5.5 GPX to be more comfortable, more safe, and more adjustable than other available offerings.
Designed in a way that maximizes safety, comfort, and adjustability, the 5.5 GPX uses Leatt’s Alternative Load Path Technology (ALPT) as its foundation to ensure that forces from a large impact or crash are directed out away from your neck. This safety technology uses fit adjusters, a thoracic strut, a semi-rigid chassis, and numerous crumple and breakaway zones to ensure that you have the greatest chance of walking away from a crash with zero neck injury.
The key to any neck brace is a proper, precision fit tailored to each rider. Leatt gives you that fit with SureFit adjusters that can quickly and easily adjust to your unique fit and a thoracic strut that has multiple degrees of positioning to fit a range of body types within the size that works for you. The brace also has no problem adjusting to your individual neck length or helmet rim profile, and all these safety features are built into a package that is light in weight, easy to clean, and is compatible with nearly all helmets and chest protectors.
- CE tested and certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686/EEC.
- Engineered and lab proven by a medical doctor and Bio Medical engineers and trusted by some of the fasted off-road racers in the world.
- Chassis made of fiberglass reinforced polyamide.
- 5.5/6.5 helmet rim striking platform design for a biomedical balanced head and helmet freedom of motion.
- 3-way adjustability.
- Sliding front and rear SureFit adjusters to ensure optimum fit.
- 4 angle rear thoracic strut adjustments to fit most body shapes.
- Sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit.
- CoreFlex split rear thoracic strut is more comfortable and designed to work with the body’s natural movements.
- Thoracic rear strut is engineered to snap off before applying excessive pressure to the back.
- Low profile push-button open/closure system.
- Easy to use emergency release mechanism for injured riders.
- Engineered collarbone cut-out to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones.
- Injected, durable, easy to clean foam padding.
- Air flow ribbed body padding for optimum ventilation.
- Folding rear thoracic strut for easier packing.
- Optional, clear chest strap included.