The benchmark boot in motocross; the Tech 10 further advances the innovations that make it the most technical motocross boot ever conceived. From the anatomical shape, with front and rear sliding blades, to the all-new closure system featuring a light and durable buckle closure system, every component of the new Tech 10 boot has been continuously developed and tested in racing for uncompromised performance and durability.
- Lightweight upper combines full-grain leather with lightweight microfiber and impact and abrasion-resistant TPU shell.
- Innovative, evolutionary TPU shin-plate construction for greater range of fitment features a reinforced Velcro® brand hook-and-loop closure for comfortable, highly customized closure.
- Shin zone incorporates TPU blade system engineered to prevent frontal hyperextension and provides greater flex control.
- Evolutionary design for lateral flex zone provides front and rear flexion support and helps prevent torsion.
- Medial-facing panel constructed from TPU with rubber insert for maximum grip contact with bike and improved heat and abrasion resistance.
- Contoured TPU calf protector plate offers impact resistance.
- Innovative TPU rear blade system protects heel and features a rear hyperextension guard.
- Extensive TPU protection on toes, foot, heel, ankle, calf and shin with extra hard compounds on the toe-box, heel and Achilles tendon.
- New closure system includes polymer buckles plus aluminum frame with innovative self-aligning, quick-release closures for customized secure fitment.
- TPU lower shell is reinforced with metal shank and includes toe reinforcement for impact and abrasion resistance.
- All the buckles are replaceable.
- Soft microfiber gaiter helps seal out excessive water and dirt entry.
- Polyester fabric lining with 3D open-cell foam incorporates anti-sliding suede reinforcement on heel area.
- Exclusive dual-compound sole is seamlessly integrated to the multi-density foot base structure with built-in support; the sole superior durability and grip.
- Ankle brace system - Innovative biomechanical inner brace features torsion bars to control ankle and leg rotation, while allowing freedom of movement.
- Shock absorbing padding on the heel and ankles plus an ultra-thin and flexible forefoot area for increased sensitivity and control.
- Replaceable footpeg insert on sole is constructed from hard compound vulcanized rubber for durability and protection.
- Removable anatomic footbed.
DAYTONA BEACH, FLORIDA - ALMOST 45 YEARS AGO, ON MARCH 13TH 1971, DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY HOSTED ITS INAUGURAL PROFESSIONAL MOTOCROSS RACE ON THE FACILITY INFIELD BEYOND THE ROAD RACING TRACK. JUST ONE YEAR LATER IN 1972, THE SUPERCROSS FORMAT WE KNOW TODAY BEGAN TO TAKE SHAPE WHEN DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY CONSTRUCTED THE COURSE DIRECTLY IN-FRONT OF THE MAIN GRANDSTAND ON THE TRI-OVAL OFFERING AN UNPARALLELED VIEWING EXPERIENCE FOR FANS. SINCE THEN, COUNTLESS RACES HAVE TRANSPIRED, AND THE SPORT HAS CONTINUED EVOLVE. RACE SPEEDS HAVE INCREASED, AND ALPINESTARS TECHNICAL PRODUCT INNOVATION HAS CONTINUED TO THRIVE AT THE FOREFRONT OF PROTECTIVE INGENUITY. DESPITE ALL THESE CHANGES, ONE ASPECT OF THE SPORT HAS MANAGED TO REMAIN CONSTANT SINCE ITS INCEPTION; THE UNWAVERING SUPPORT OF ITS FANS. TO CELEBRATE THE RICH HISTORY OF MOTOCROSS AT DAYTONA, ALPINESTARS HAS CREATED THE D71 SPECIAL EDITION TECH 10