Improving on the revolutionary XC-Ram, the new CT-Z enhances the riding experience by offering the benefits of a peak / shield combination, with the flexibility of choice. The new CT-Z: Yet another example of Arai's decades-long tradition of the improving on what works, not simply change for the sake of unproven change. Arai changes are functional. The design intent has always been singular and unbroken: a better helmet with better protection and performance for the riders who choose it.
The CT-Z presents a major improvement: nothing short of redefining how open-face helmets can look-and protect. The most telling feature is the extended coverage in the lower jaw-cheekpad area-extending 1-3/16" forward compared to its previous - and traditional - open face helmets. The look itself is advanced, and it provides options that allow the helmet to better suit each rider's unique requirements. But like everything Arai does, the primary objective is to build a better helmet.
Technically, that means providing a measure of lower-jaw protection that's been missing from previous open-face helmets that leave that part of the face exposed.
- Adjustable peak: Offers just the right amount of protection from the sun for just about any rider for those long rides heading directly into the sun.
- The Dual Pivot shield mechanism allows the shield to "flip up" and under the peak at a low angle; this allows for a very low profile peak, reducing drag or "bucketing" at higher speeds.
- Upper Vent System: borrowed directly from the Corsair-V, improving the airflow and stability even further; DF-11 diffusers have larger vent toggles for easier operation.
- New fixed Air-Wing®: reduces lifting while providing additional stability at highway speeds.
- New FCS™ cheek pad: New design is more similar to the full face helmet style; with a full-coverage EPS base and removable covers. This offers more support over a wider area, which allows for superior stability and comfort with minimal pressure, which might otherwise cause discomfort. And, like its full coverage counterpart, the FCS™ cheek pad comes standard with a 5 mm peel-away that allows for you to microfit your helmet to your facial structure.
- Dry Cool® liner: Fully removable Dry Cool® liner, with removable surface pads from both sides of the headliner. This allows you to fully customize the fit of the CT-Z, without the purchase of additional padding.
- Vented neck roll: Takes advantage of the existing airflow from around the riders neck to further enhance helmet ventilation by extracting more heat buildup from interior.
- Ventilation: Front TDF-2 intake vents and the DDL-4 exhaust vent are a direct take off from the RX-Q. Side Cowl exhausts complete the ventilation upgrade.
- Intermediate Oval: All open face helmets have Arai's Intermediate Oval (IO) shell shape. This shape is designed for the rider whose head has a front-to-back dimension that is longer than the side-to-side dimension.
- DOT and SNELL 2010 certified.