Dainese Cyclone GTX D-Air Jacket
A new standard of protection for the sport touring motorcycle rider. Consider the bar raised. With the introduction of Dainese’s proprietary D-Air intelligent airbag system to the Dainese Cycle D-Air Gore-Tex Jacket, the serious motorcyclist can now achieve the same world class protection on the street as a Dainese-sponsored Moto GP rider enjoys on the track.
The Dainese D Air Cyclone Jacket uses the Intelligent Protection System which combines a wireless air bag system with highly evolved microprocessor technology to increase the level of protection available to motorcyclists. Internal sensors and a GPS signal distinguish the factors inherent in an accident and inflates the air bag, adding extra protection to the collarbone area. GPS allows rider telemetry via USB port, including lap times, maximum speed and trajectory plotting with instantaneous speed and acceleration.
In the event of a violent crash, D-air can trigger in less than 15 milliseconds. When the crash dynamics are less sudden, the sophisticated triggering algorithm assesses conditions and can decide upon a slightly longer triggering time. D-air works in synergy with Pro-Armor impact protectors, shielding the shoulders and collar bones in the rider's body. D-air reduces the risk of direct helmet impact on the collar bones, limits and reduces helmet movement during rolling. Protection is achieved without compromising the ergonomics and comfort of an aggressive-fit leather jacket.
Tests carried out in accordance with the current European standards for shoulder armor (EN 1621-1/97) show that D-air protection reduces the force transferred by over 85% compared with traditional composite body armor. D-air is the intelligent airbag-based protection for motorcyclists’ safety on the track.
The Dainese D-Air Cyclone Jacket requires registration with Dainese. Due to the technical nature of the
, special care and maintenance is required. For example, the system must be overhauled every 5 years and air bag battery charged every 2 months. If the air bag is deployed, the jacket must be sent to Dainese for inspection and to reset the air bag. Owners of the jacket are responsible for any costs associated. Please read the User Manual in detail, and let RevZilla know if you have any additional questions.
- Triggering algorithm and diagnostics managed by dedicated firmware
- Three accelerometers
- Three gyroscopes
- 4 Gigabyte internal memory
- LED user interface on right forearm
- Lithium polymer battery with approximately 8 hours of use when fully charged
- Dainese-patented 3D structure airbag
- High-pressure airbag with volume of 4 liters
- "Cold" technology gas generator
- Jacket with integrated D-Air System and protectors is CE Category II certified according to Directive 89/686/EEC
- Polyurethane rigid shoulders covered with cowhide leather
- Pro-Armor: Soft protectors certified to Standard EN 1621.1 on shoulders
- Composite protectors certified to EN 1621.1 standard on elbows
Ergonomics and Comfort:
- Laminated Gore-tex 2L SPL 600XK fabric
- Cowhide leather inserts
- Removable inner collar
- Removable thermal liner
- Breathable waterproof 2L Gore-Tex membrane
- Big air vents on chest and back
- Waist adjustment
- Neck adjustment
- Wrist adjustment
- Anti-floating sleeve adjustment
- Hip adjustment
- Inserts in elasticated fabric
Jacket-trousers fastening system
- 2 inner waterproof pockets
- 3 outer pockets (2 are waterproof)
- LED user interface