Mobius X8 Knee Brace
The X8 is the most protective, comfortable knee brace on the market utilizing innovative patent pending technology, which incorporates the CCRS (Continuous Cable Routing System) to form an unparalleled system of support and protection.
- HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System) coded: "L1820 - Knee orthosis, elastic with condylar pads and joints, with or without patellar control, prefabricated, includes fitting and adjustment."
- Includes one pair of braces and two (2) extra sets of patellar kneepads for a precise fit.
CCRS (Continuous Cable Routing System) externally reinforces all of the cruciate ligaments. The continuous cable loop is twisted 180 degrees, or a half turn, to form two interconnecting loops. The CCRS cable is routed around the knee joint. When forces are applied to the knee joint, the CCRS becomes tight and resists the excessive movement that can cause injury to the ligaments. As the Continuous Cable Routing System tightens, it squeezes the brace shells gripping the tibia and femur. The tibial shell is designed to grip the tibial tuberosity controlling the lower leg, while simultaneously the femoral shell and tendon back plate grip the femur. Mobius has routed the CCRS cable in such a way that when the leg is fully extended the continuous cable progressively tightens resisting hyper extension, bending, and rotation. When the leg is in flexion, the CCRS cable is designed to progressively tighten as well, preventing rotation and bending.
From the center point of the knee cap, measure 6 inches vertically, or up the thigh, and measure the circumference or diameter at that point. If you are in-between sizes, go on the larger size.
- Small: 16" - 18" (40.64 - 45.72 cm).
- Medium: 18" - 20" (45.72 - 50.8 cm).
- Large: 20" - 22" (50.8 - 55.88 cm)