The outer shell of the C3 Pro is offered in two helmet shell sizes and combines an aerodynamically optimal shape with excellent protection. It is manufactured using Schuberth's typical compression moulding process and thus permits great stability and a low weight.
- Shell material: S.T.R.O.N.G. fibre
- Helmet shell technology from SCHUBERTH permits low weight
- Glass fibre with a special resin added is compressed in a vacuum at high pressure to form a helmet shell which is exceptionally sturdy.
The helmet shell of special EPS foam is modular in design to ensure optimal shock absorption. This complex segmentation guarantees enhanced force absorption and distribution and maximum safety.
- Made of specially optimized EPS foam
- Complex multizone foaming allows optimal shock absorption
A special inner lining of the C3 Pro which was developed according to the innovative Comfort Fit concept ensures that the helmet fits comfortably and securely in all situations. The combination of carefully selected COOLMAX® and Thermocool® materials and the additional use of Interpower® coatings also make the inner lining a highly-effective moisture removal and cooling system.
- COOLMAX® pad system, completely removable and washable (hand wash, 30°C)
- Optimized fit
- Variable for effective ventilation
- Adjustable for summer/winter
- Removable comfort cheek pads and head band pads
- Precise setting of the chinstrap length through adjustment on both sides.
- Micro-lock ratchet lock
The silver-coloured appliqués of reflective material which are in included in the nape zone of every SCHUBERTH helmet ensure that the motorcyclist can be seen better, especially in twilight or at night.
- Improved visibility = Enhanced safety
- Enhancement of the passive safety
- Early recognition by other road users
Guaranteed condensation-free thanks to its double glazing technology
- "City position" for maximum ventilation while travelling slowly
Integrated sun visor
The sun visor enables quick and individual adjustment according to light conditions. It is integrated into the helmet shell and can be swivelled.
The C3 Pro has been specially designed for the riding posture on normal and sportive tours and also remains stable in the airflow at high speeds (> 160 km/h). The special shape of the helmet shell with an integrated spoiler plus an aerodynamically optimised straight end edge ensure appreciably enhanced downforce. Even at higher speeds the C3 Pro develops practically no upward lift. The C3 Pro also offers reduced wind resistance and optimised directionally stability. With closed machines, the buffeting is also significantly minimised.
- Perfected aerodynamics for higher speeds
- Upward lift = 0!
- Directionally stable
- No oscillatory tendency
- No buffeting
- Spoiler integrated into the helmet shell
Aeroacoustics of the C3 Pro
A quiet helmet means active safety for the motorcyclist: this permits the rider to concentrate on riding – particularly at higher speeds.
Many hours in the Schuberth acoustics wind tunnel have ensured that the C3 Pro is quiet. The comprehensive acoustics package with optimised helmet shell, wind deflector and ergonomic shape of the neck padding make the C3 Pro – at 82 dBA – one of the quietest helmets of all.
- Acoustics package makes helmet quiet
- Installation of a wind deflector enables the aeroacoustics and consequently the noise level to be improved still further.
- Only 82dB(A) at 100 km per hour (with naked bikes)
Innovative ventilation system
The C3 Pro is equipped with a further development of the proven C3 ventilation system. Thanks to the new design of the ventilation elements, the supply of fresh air is increased by up to 30%. The combination of multipath channels in the EPS foam shell and the head/chin/mouth ventilation ensure that fresh air is distributed effectively over the entire head area. The air channels in the inner shell direct the air which enters through the forehead ventilation well over the back of the head to the rear of the helmet. The low pressure prevailing at the rear of the helmet ensures that the internal air is constantly extracted through the air outlets and the special netting in the neck padding.
- Head ventilation input (adjustable in multiple stages)
- Chin vent for targeted distribution of the incoming air in the helmet
- Up to 9 litres of fresh air at 100 km/h
- In cold weather it often occurs that with closed air supply the motorcyclist's neck zone becomes sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs.
- The concentration of carbon dioxide inside the helmet is a key safety criterion for preventing symptoms of fatigue and the thinning of breathable air.
- No negative effects on health need be feared as long as the CO2 concentration remains below 3.5 %.
- The maximum level of CO2 concentration at the workplace is 0.5 %
- Even when the neck zone is sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, this helmet guarantees that the CO2 concentration remains below the 0.5% limit as from a speed of approx. 30 km/h.
- In cases where the helmet is completely sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, the visor ought to be opened (city-travel position) for safety reasons when idling, for example at traffic lights, or travelling slowly.