NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE – the 2019 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship heads to the Nissan Stadium this weekend as the world’s best dirt riders battle to be crowned the King of Nashville.
In celebration of the event, Alpinestars has teamed up with influential fashion brand Cactus Plant Flea Market to release the Limited Edition ‘Cactus’ Gear Set. Inspired by designer Cynthia Lu’s fluid and eye-catching combination of type, playful graphics and bright screenprint, the unique ‘Cactus’ Racer Tech Jersey and Pants and Radar Glove feature a striking multi-colored paint scheme and eye-catching Astars logos, allowing riders to express their individuality as they dazzle on the dirt.
This bold styling is also applied to the ‘Cactus’ S-M8 helmet, which boasts a multi-colored paint scheme complete with yellow visor, prominent rainbow roundel at the rear and green Astars logos, and the CE-certified ‘Cactus’ Tech 10, a technologically advanced and protective boot that incorporates innovative materials in a streamlined designed for a lighter, more anatomically profiled performer, as worn by Justin Barcia and Eli Tomac at the meeting.
THE TECH 10:
The Tech 10 has set the standard for Motocross boot performance and protection for over a decade. The completely re-designed Tech 10 boot raises the performance envelope even further. While it maintains the iconic look of its predecessor, every single piece has been redesigned and tested on our top Supercross and Motocross athletes. The Tech 10 overhaul had three important priorities: functionality, performance and safety. Creative construction techniques with lighter, more durable composite materials yield a slimmer and more streamlined boot. The new Tech 10 has a greater range of movement, flexibility and support in a considerably lighter package.
• ADVANCED FOREFOOT: Ultra-thin and flexible forefoot area offers increased feel and control of brake and shifter.
• DUAL COMPOUND SOLE: Provides improved footpeg grip as well as mud and water run-off.
• INNER ANKLE BRACE: Compact dual pivot torsion arms offer increased range of movement and control.
• REDUCED WEIGHT: Over 400 grams (almost 1lb) in weight reduction over its predecessor.
• REPLACEABLE SOLE: Central sole is easily replaceable and Alpinestars offers a full sole replacement and boot repair service.
• UPDATED BUCKLES: Cold forged high impact buckle bridges for precision and strength.