Available in-store at Performance Cycle of Colorado 7375 S Fulton St Centennial Co 80112 (I-25 and Dry Creek)
Alpinestars Tech Air Race Airbag Vest
The Tech Air Race Airbag System is a state-of-the-art, tether-free airbag protection system designed to be used with Alpinestars Tech Air Race prepared riding gear. The onboard computer system uses Alpinestars' proprietary algorithms to process the information gathered by the vest’s accelerometers and gyroscope. Should the system sense a crash, it can trigger and fully inflate the airbag in 45 milliseconds, providing comprehensive protection to the rider's full back, shoulders, kidney area and chest. The Tech Air is ready to go right out of the box—no need to install sensors on the bike or go through a complicated pairing process. Simply install the vest in a compatible jacket or race suit and go ride.
The Tech Air Race comes preloaded with Alpinestars racing algorithms—the same algorithms used in MotoGP and WSBK—which are designed to detect the crashes typical of closed course competition. In this configuration, the system only uses one of its two charges at a time, saving the remaining charge for a second deployment. The vest is immediately ready to deploy its second charge, so if you and your bike are able to continue the race, you won’t have to do it unprotected. If remounting a crashed bike to chase a precious few championship points isn't exactly your style, the vest can be set to deploy both charges simultaneously for a quicker inflation.
The Race Vest is also compatible with Alpinestars’ street software settings, for use during typical sport, touring and adventure riding. Users can quickly switch between race and street modes using a PC (no Mac compatibility, yet) loaded with Alpinestars Tech Air Connect software. The Street Vest is NOT compatible with the Race algorithms.
- PC compatible software (No current Mac compatibilty) allows users to switch between Race or Street algorithms and update firmware
- Race vest can be used in street or race modes
- Fully enclosed ACU (Airbag Control Unit) is seal-protected within the vest's CE level 2 back protector
- One gyroscope and one accelerometer housed inside ACU
- One additional accelerometer on each shoulder
- Lithium ion battery with approximately 25 hours of use when fully charged
- One hour of charge time yields four hours of ride time
- Comprehensive protection of back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen
- Race Vest offers extra coverage for the shoulders and collar bones
- All Tech Air Vests include two inflator charges
- Argon inflator charges are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard
- Internal airbag tethers used to control final deployed shape create less bulk than a chambered design and allow for quicker inflation
- Nylon-6 airbag material is lightweight and breathable
- Airbag inflates in 45 milliseconds in Race mode and remains fully inflated for 5 seconds
- Installs easily in Tech Air Race Vest compatible gear with VELCRO® and YKK zippers
- One plug, located at the back of the vest, plugs into LED sleeve display plug
- Magnetic closure detection system built into the vest arms the system once it senses the suit has been zipped and the bike is in motion
- When the system detects a crash, the airbag will be fully deployed within .045 seconds
- System is instantly ready to redeploy
- Size SM vests fit: size 46 euro
- Size MD vests fit: size 48-50 euro
- Size LG vests fit: 52-54 euro
- Size XL vests fit: 56 euro
- Size 2XL vests fit: 58-60 euro
The Tech Air system requires registration with Alpinestars. Due to the technical nature of the Tech Air System, special care and maintenance is required. Once both charges are expended, the vest must be sent to Alpinestars for maintenance, repacking and cleaning.
*2XL uses both charges at the same time due to it’s larger volume. This is the same for both Race Mode and Street Mode. This is specific to the 2XL size only and does require that the system be repacked after each deployment.